Los Altos: Park in every backyard
Los Altos was developed with the concept of a “park in every backyard.” Los Altos has commercial zones, strictly limited to the downtown area, as well as small shopping and office parks lining Foothill Express and El Camino Real.
Los Altos features a quaint downtown that serves as the gathering spot for all the local residents. During the summer months, the city sponsors movie nights downtown and each year there are multiple art, wine, and beer festivals that bring in residents from nearby Mountain View and Palo Alto.
Outside the downtown area, Los Altos thrives to maintain a rural feel, with few paved sidewalks, limited street lights, and large properties. Los Altos is separated into two zip codes that are also shared with Los Altos Hills.
The 94022-zip code includes North Los Altos, and this area is located closer to the downtown business district. North Los Altos includes many of the original historic estate homes within the community and includes some of the larger and more expensive new construction homes in the area.
The 94024 zip code includes South Los Altos, and much of this area homes were built during the 1960’s building boom. South Los Altos Homes are typically on quarter acre lots
Lost Altos consists of 4 neighborhoods: Country Club, North Los Altos, South of El Monte and The Highlands / Woodlands Acres.
|Populations: 28,988||Household Income: $326,456|
|Graduate Degree: 52.67%||Bachelors Degree: 31.92%|
Los Altos Hills
|Populations: 8,102||Household Income: $427,749|
|Graduate Degree: 57.13%||Bachelors Degree: 30.43%|
- Neighborhood Guide | Livability: Los Altos and Los Altos Hills | Neighborhoodscout: Los Altos and Los Altos Hills | Parcel Reports
- Demographics | Notable Residents in Los Altos
Please note that school districts in Los Altos and Los Altos Hills are not consistent with the city / town boundaries.
- Los Altos School District: My School Location with School boundaries
- Cupertino Union (District):: School Locator (Montclaire Elementary)
- Santa Clara County Office of Education (District): Bullis Charter
- Mountain View – Los Altos Union High School District: School locator with School boundaries
- Palo Alto Unified School District: Gunn High | School Locator | School Boundary Maps | School Attendance Zone |
- Fremont Union High (District): Homestead High | School Boundary Maps
- Private School Search